Sunday, February 20, 2011

2/18: you read my mind

its crazy how sometimes you can walk into a service, and it seems like everything about that service - the worship, the sermon, the prayers - its like God is specifically talking to you. 

this past friday was one of those services.  i walked into ACCESS, and i was a little disheartened by how different i felt compared to a mere month ago.  one month ago, i felt alive and just plain crazy for God.  i felt madly and passionately in love for God; i was in this state of pure, raw, and uncontainable joy.  but the person who walked into ACCESS this past friday seemed a little faded, beaten, worn down, and even a bit lukewarm.  as the worship began, i stood before God and simply asked Him, "What had happened to me?"  i was confused.  "What was i feeling?  Where am I really at with You?"

and then, we sang this new song.  and the question i had asked God just moments earlier was answered by this song.  when i couldn't find the words to explain myself, God gave me the words to literally sing out to Him.  talk about grace.  He enabled me to come to Him when i couldn't even figure out what i was feeling.

Lord I come, I confess
Bowing here, I find my rest
Without You, I fall apart
You're the one that guides my heart

     Lord, I need You, oh I need You
     Every hour I need You
     My one defense, my righteousness
     Oh God, how I need You


Where sin runs deep, Your grace is more
Where grace is found is where You are
And where You are Lord, I am free
Holiness is Christ in me


Yes where You are Lord, I am free
Holiness is Christ in me
          
          So teach my song to rise to You
          When temptation comes my way
          And when I cannot stand, I'll fall on You
          Jesus, You're my hope and stay
          And when I cannot stand, I'll fall on You
          Jesus, You're my hope and stay

man.  God, its amazing how You guided me to that place of humility and repentance.  You led me there.  i couldn't put my finger on what i was feeling that night and why, but You basically dropped the answer right onto my lap.

it was so simple.  i just needed God.  i simply need God.  every single hour, every waking moment, i need God.  Jesus, I need You to keep my feet from falling.  Jesus, I need You to keep me holy, blameless, and righteous until You return.  Jesus, I need You to remind me of Your unfailing and unconditional love.  Jesus, I need You to live in Your abundant grace.  Jesus, I simply need You.

No comments:

Post a Comment